Greetings from H.E.A.T.,
Heartland Emergency Apparatus Technicians Association was founded in 2007 by a group of individuals interested in providing local emergency vehicle training for technicians as opposed to sending them to other parts of the country for training. I was one of those founders who did our best to grow the association and provide top notch training
The reason I’m reaching out to you is several board members, including myself, have reached retirement age and we need new members to carry on the important mission of our organization.
If you have sent staff to or attended HEAT trainings yourself, please consider becoming a board member to voice your ideas and plan future trainings. If you’re thinking, “I don’t have time,” let me explain the time commitment and how we operate.
- Majority of meetings are conducted via conference calls or emails.
- In person meetings only take place twice a year—once in July for a lunch board meeting, and once at the annual training when another board meeting is held.
- Your input as a board member is important and can impact training and future of the organization.
• Annual trainings are held at the Overland Park Fire Training Center—a world class training facility.
- Reimbursement for out of town travel (mileage, lodging and meals) to attend meetings will be available.
- HEAT has the resources to hire some of the best trainers in the industry and you would have a say in who is hired.
Our seven member board consists of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Past President, and 3-Director positions. Three positions on the board are coming open and will need to be filled in early July at the board meeting.
Please consider getting involved with this organization and keeping it strong. If you have any questions about the organization or board member responsibilities, feel free to call (316) 299-1082 or email ().